Each Monday, we introduce you to a woman that is either on staff at one of our church campuses or is the wife of one of our pastors on our campuses. Let us introduce you to Sherrie Carter. She is our Director of Children’s Ministries and has been since 1985. You could say she is pretty much a pro!
1. It’s 9 pm and you have the house to yourself. What do you do? Read – Nancy Uriniak keeps me stocked with books from the church library – mostly historical fiction (which is sort of an oxymoron when you think about it)!
2. Morning person or night owl? Morning Person – I have to be careful not to be too cheerful too early…it annoys people.
3. How do you take your coffee? Strong and black – I learned to drink coffee in southwest Louisiana where they are known for their strong coffee!
4. What’s on your nightstand? Lamp, 3 candles in a holder, a green duck that holds change (The green duck was a wedding present we laughed about, but it has stood the test of time.)
5. What’s your favorite smell? What smell do you hate? My favorite smell is vanilla and the smell I hate is mold.
6. If you could only eat one nationality of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? American
7. Have you always lived in Wichita Falls? My dad was in the Army and we moved every 10 to 18 months. The states we lived in include Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Nebraska, Kansas, Virginia, Rhode Island, Texas and we also lived overseas in France.
8. What did you want to be when you were little? A wife and a mommy who lived one place more than 18 months!
9. What’s your favorite hobby? Sewing
10. Tell us one funny or weird thing about you: I have depth perception issues which makes riding escalators down and walking down stadium stairs or standing at a high place and looking out VERY scary. It looks to me as if I’m falling! Going up is not the problem…it is coming down!